Time and Love

While walking on the road
I met Time
He seemed to be in a hurry
I asked him if he could stop 
For a while to talk
He said he could not
He had to keep moving
To keep up with the latest trends, fashions, technologies etc.
Otherwise he would lose out
'Lose out on what ?' I asked
As I ran along to keep pace
'Lose out on my position,
My value, my very existence
I have to be there before anyone else
I have to keep changing to keep the world going'
After running a while I could no longer keep pace with Time
And I let him pass

Then I met Love
She was not rushing anywhere like Time
She was peaceful and serene
I asked Love
How is it that you are so peaceful?
Don't you feel that you have to move, to change, to keep up with the latest trends
'I have always been like this' she said
'Though the world around me keeps changing.
I am very primitive and old fashioned but that's how I am
I don't feel the need to rush, I like the way I am
My existence doesn't depend on anything else but me
So I have no compulsions to be anything else but me!'

At the end of the road I saw Time coming back
He was the newest version of himself
Laden with gizmos and gadgets
But wrinkled and old
While Love, primitive and old fashioned
Who stood here waiting for her beloved
Was fresh and young as ever!

Time neared us, and Love gazed at him
With smiling eyes
Time felt something touched him
His wrinkles smoothed out
His energy revived
Without a request he stopped moving
Love's gaze had transformed Time
Time was Time no more
He was one with Love in that Time-less moment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dream of Life: A Conversation with Mrs. S. Saraswathy

THORNS OF LOVE

The Point